Empowered to meet technical challenges
Providing operations with high-end technical solutions and ensuring continuous improvements, you will play an important role in our continued expansion worldwide. From day one, you will get responsibilities to engage in projects and help solve operational challenges. In our team-oriented environment, you will work among colleagues who are highly skilled and passionate about what they do. The variety of possibilities and the empowerment we provide, will allow you to grow and gain new experiences.
Project Engineer Job Summary
The Project Engineer will work as part of the Technical Services department and manage capital investments, improvement and new product projects at the Ranson Facility.
Key Results Area
- Project planning consisting of capturing and maintaining data on each of the project disciplines through guidelines, standards, templates, and a project status report
- Developing a concept study, project scope, budget and timeline each investment project
- Developing and maintaining a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) that shows all activities that must be performed to meet the requirements and deliverables of each project
- Develops and tracks the costs for each activity in each project through a well-defined and itemized budget. Identifies resources required for each investment
- Builds an effective communication plan to identify stakeholders that need to be consulted, frequency of communication, and preferred method of communication for any deviations to the project plan, timeline or budget
- Identifies logistics of each project to ensure components and activities are at the right place at the right time
- Identifies elements and services of each project that must be procured to ensure the project is implemented on time and within budget
- Identifies risk level of each activity and element for each project along with a backup plan should unforeseen issues arise during the project implementation
- Ensures a change control process is in place for any changes that occur over the life of the project, and tracks each element and its impact
- Ensures that each project complies with ROCKWOOL’s corporate citizenship and sustainability initiatives, internal policy and procedures and standards and external legislation.
- Reports out on the status of each project
- Ensuring employees and contractors are familiar with and working within accordance of all internal and external health and safety requirements
Key Responsibilities and Job content
- Responsible for developing, planning, organizing, coordinating, and executing small to mid-size capital projects between $100,000 - $1,000,000 within the boundaries of the manufacturing site
- Responsible to follow the Project Management Guidelines set by the ROCKWOOL Group, including financial planning, investment preparation, justification, and follow-up upon project implementation
- Responsible for ensuring each project has all of the proper documents for installed machinery such as spare parts and other necessary documentation from the vendors
- Responsible for shortening the learning curve as much as possible on each project before passing along to the Site Leadership Team.
- Responsible to assess regulatory requirements into the project concept and design
- Responsible in ensuring all installed machinery, whether installed by Rockwool Inc., “RI” or other contracted companies, fulfil the Rockwool Inc. production policy and pending demands regarding fire, safety, environment (internal and external), together with a total environmental evaluation and risk analysis of the machinery.
- Responsible to ensure all municipal, provincial, and federal code requirements are implemented in the equipment design phase, installation phase, and commissioning phase, and Operations handoff
- Responsible for ensuring necessary documentation, such as mounting, working, and maintenance guidelines and drawings are completed and forwarded to all appropriate parties and in adherence with the North American machine standards.
What professional skills and qualifications do you need for the role of Project Engineer?
- 5 years project management preferably in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or project management is desired.
- Project management skills, familiarity with project management tools.
- Act as a ROCKWOOL ambassador demonstrating our core values of Ambition, Integrity, Responsibility and Efficiency.
- Demonstrated or proven:
- Organizational and analytical skills;
- Strong experience working with automated systems;
- Strong computer knowledge and skills;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Problem-solving and trouble shooting skills;
- Accuracy and data integrity.
What are the physical demands for a Project Engineer?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job is physically demanding at times and requires manual dexterity, eyesight, mobility and requires a high level of concentration.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to, stand/or sit, squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to hear, walk including daily on concrete surface, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, and smell. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
What is the typical work environment at a ROCKWOOL manufacturing facility?
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At ROCKWOOL, safety is priority number one! We continuously strive to create safe and healthy work places and conditions for all employees. We provide all associates with personal protective equipment to include high visibility safety vests, safety glasses, shoes, gloves and head protection.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check, physical fitness test, WorkKEYS and Hucama Big 5 assessment.
ROCKWOOL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apply